Friday, April 28, 2017

Little King John

So. Before we go into this post, lets talk about the reason... Why. This is Little King John, created by RatBoy Genius. This artist gets a bad rap. Once you get into his series "The Flood" and get into the story line and musical numbers, it is a truly inspiring thing. After watching this fanimation, I wanted to add to the pile of fan art. I started this by drawing with pencil. Sketched out what I wanted right onto the canvas before painting in the lines. Little King John is a more pinkish fleshy color, however, I wanted him to have a more rat like charm to him. I gave him jagged teeth and outlines to give the painting a much more sinister tone. I did have a hard time deciding between coloring his whole eye blue, or have whites. I decided to go with the full color because it just seemed like a match. Also I don't get to use my blue paint often, and I really do like it. I gave LKJ his crown before deciding on what I should use as the background. I was originally going to translate the Flood opening onto sheet music and then paint it in the background, but the black and green made this rat king pop. While doing the background, I just started beating the absolute shit out of my canvas. I was trying to make the black and green look like they where blending. But, I like it. I wish I was a little more careful about color mixtures and such but, all in all, I am pretty proud of this piece.



2 comments: