Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Distant Hills

This piece was inspired after a long night just chilling outside, looking at the stars.I painted my entire canvas with a metallic blue to give it some shine. After my entire canvas was blue, I mixed the metallic blue with a mix of black and purple to make it look like its fading in darkness. Afterwords, I sprinkled and splattered glow in the dark white paint in for the stars and moon glow off the hills. I feel like I could have done more with this piece, and will do some touch ups. I would like to add some more detail to the hills and maybe add a moon. In all, I am rather happy with this piece. It was a lot of fun to do. I would have done the stars a little differently. I moved the canvas while it was still wet and ended up dripping some of the paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment